MINOR PROJECT 1 IS DUE: THE LAST DAY OF WEEK 1 OF PERIOD 2 (Week 3 of the course)
Normative Ethics is a category of ethical theories that focuses on how we ought to live. Normative theories are commonly grouped as: virtue theories, duty (or deontological) theories, and consequential (or teleological) theories.
A. Write an introduction that 1.) explains normative ethics and 2.) explains the purpose of your paper.
B. For each subcategory above (virtue, duty, consequential),
1. Explain the category
2. Explain 3 theories for each subcategory (no less than 9 total theories explained in the project)
3. Explain how each of the 9 theories aligns or does not align with a Christian perspective. The proper way to write this is to explain the theory and then write how it aligns or does not align with a Christian perspective before you explain the next theory. Alignment should be based on research and biblical support. You will lose 10 points for each theory if this is only based on your interpretation of scripture or your opinion.
Example of one theory that is a consequential:
Consequential theories are defined…
Utilitarianism is ….
It aligns with a Christian perspective…
C. Write a conclusion
Make sure to transition between each paragraph.
Write paper in APA format.
1. Cover page should have a Running head: and page number
2. Page 2 should be an abstract (An abstract is not an introduction. It should be written in your own words and explain the purpose of the paper). [Running head beginning on this page should change]
3. References should be formatted correctly following APA guidelines.
Use headings for each theory following APA guidelines.
*Note: An internet search of any theory and Christian perspective will provide the needed research for this paper.
Paper should be between 8 and 12 double spaced pages. The page count does not include title page, abstract, nor references. Do not add extra spacing or lines between paragraphs or sections. APA has strict formatting guidelines that you must follow such as all of the margins should be 1″. Do not make margins any larger than 1″. Paper should have no less than 15 references. The Bible does not count as a reference and should not be written in the reference section.
**Plagiarism is serious and may result in a zero even if it is unintentional. All work will be checked for plagiarism during grading. Students are expected to properly paraphrase information using in-text citations. Directly quoted information must have both quotation marks and an in-text citation. As a graduate student, you must demonstrate your understanding of the material by properly paraphrasing information and rarely quoting information. Changing or deleting a few words in a sentence may still constitute plagiarism make sure you understand plagiarism!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more