**rewrite for the following questions NO PLAGERISM – 4 OUT OF 5 ANSWERS PROVIDED.
To illustrate the benefits and costs of debt, causes and consequences of financial distress, and basic restructuring alternatives.
A publicly traded funeral home and cemetery consolidator faces imminent financial distress. The company has grown aggressively through the use of debt. Restructuring the debt is potentially very costly to creditors, shareholders, suppliers, and other corporate stakeholders.
1. How was the Loewen Group able to grow explosively for the first half of the 1990s? What were the advantages of debt financing enjoyed by the firm in this phase?
2. How did Loewen get to the position it found itself in 1999?
3. Why do you think SCI was willing to offer Loewen such a substantial premium? What incremental cash flows might SCI expect that could explain this premium? – THIS ON NEEDS AN ANSWER
4. Some might describe Loewen as “financially distressed.” Is this a fair description of its problem? What are the manifestations and apparent costs of this so-called financial distress?
5. What are Loewen’s alternatives? What would you recommend to John Lacey?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more