Describe any three self oriented values that companies can use to encourage customers to support green market?
Break-Even Sales Under Present and Proposed Conditions
Battonkill Company, operating at full capacity, sold 125,900 units at a price of $117 per unit during 2014. Its income statement for 2014 is as follows:
Cost of goods sold
Income from operations
The division of costs between fixed and variable is as follows:
Cost of goods sold
Management is considering a plant expansion program that will permit an increase of $1,287,000 in yearly sales. The expansion will increase fixed costs by $171,600, but will not affect the relationship between sales and variable costs.
1. Determine for 2014 the total fixed costs and the total variable costs.
Total fixed costs
Total variable costs
2. Determine for 2014 (a) the unit variable cost and (b) the unit contribution margin.
Unit variable cost
Unit contribution margin
3. Compute the break-even sales (units) for 2014.units
4. Compute the break-even sales (units) under the proposed program.units
5. Determine the amount of sales (units) that would be necessary under the proposed program to realize the $5,331,300 of income from operations that was earned in 2014.units
6. Determine the maximum income from operations possible with the expanded plant.$
7. If the proposal is accepted and sales remain at the 2014 level, what will the income or loss from operations be for 2015?Answer: Income
8. Based on the data given, would you recommend accepting the proposal?
In favor of the proposal because of the reduction in break-even point.
In favor of the proposal because of the possibility of increasing income from operations.
In favor of the proposal because of the increase in break-even point.
Reject the proposal because if future sales remain at the 2014 level, the income from operations of will increase.
Reject the proposal because the sales necessary to maintain the current income from operations would be below 2014 sales.
Choose the correct answer.Answer: B
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
Our writers will make you blaze your exams with exceptional results!!
We give you exactly what you want.
Waste no more time and place the order today at discounted rates
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more