Week 5 Discussions and Required Resources
Part 1 and Part 2 must be at least 150 – 200 words unless otherwise
Part 1: Correlation and Regression
There are strengths and weaknesses associated with correlation and regression. For this discussion, begin by reading about correlation and regression in your textbook. Then, keeping these techniques in mind, read the following quotes:
· “One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.”—Thomas Sowell, The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy(1995)
· “Statistics were magic like this: they could tell you with near-certainty that a thing would occur, without a hint of when or where.”—Hugh Howey, Shift (2013)
· “If the statistics are boring, then you’ve got the wrong numbers.”—Edward R. Tufte
· “Those who ignore statistics are condemned to reinvent it. Statistics is the science of learning from experience.”—Bradley Efron (2006)
· “Nature is written in mathematical language.”—Galileo Galilei
· “Statistics is the grammar of science.”—Karl Pearson
Based on the above quotes, along with this week’s assigned readings and Instructor Guidance, discuss the importance of analyzing correlation and regression in research.
Part 2: Examples of Correlation and Regression in Research
Locate an example of a research study that uses correlation and regression techniques. Explain what it has allowed the researchers to accomplish and/or conclude in the study.
Lind, D. A., Marchal, W. G., & Wathen, S. A. (2017). Statistical techniques in business and economics. (17th ed.). Retrieved from http://connect.mheducation.com/class/
Link to text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z1XRpzFSVfZ3ZkbWdsUk1lMzg/view?usp=sharing
· Chapter 13: Correlation and Linear Regression
· Chapter 14: Multiple Regression Analysis
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more