Case Analysis: Gillette: Why Innovation May Not Be Enough
To help you better understand the concepts of Marketing Analysis, you will be asked to complete a case study for each weekly assignment. To prepare for this level of analysis, first read “How to Analyze a Case” in the W1 lesson folder.
This Week’s Case
Gillette: Why Innovation May Not Be Enough (located in textbook appendix)
After reading, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating the case study, pretend you are the Executive Marketing Director for Gillette. Develop a 3-5 minute video that will be shared with the newly formed New Product Development Team. You may use any video recording device that will produce an MP4 video. When you write your script for the presentation, be sure to cite at least two outside sources to back up your arguments. Your presentation should address the following questions (at a minimum). Feel free to include insights gleaned from our study of marketing analysis so far.
1. Present an evaluation of the history of Gillette. Explain and summarize their competition, innovation and razor wars.
2. What actions would you present and suggest to the new product development team to help maintain its dominance in the shaving market?
3. Evaluate and present what products, pricing and strategies you would recommend to the team for consideration over the next 5 years.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· At least 80% of your video must be original content/writing.
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
· Use an appropriate number of references to support your position, and defend your arguments. The following are examples of primary and secondary sources that may be used, and non-credible and opinion based sources that may not be used.
1. Primary sources such as, government websites (United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Census Bureau, The World Bank, etc.), peer reviewed and scholarly journals in EBSCOhost and Google Scholar.
2. Secondary and credible sources such as CNN Money, The Wall Street Journal, trade journals, and publications in EBSCOhost
3. Non-credible and opinion based sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. should not be used.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more